In 2012 we opened up our first Burn Care Gemach to residents of the Old City, run by Shifra, an oil fire burn victim, read her story here. In Aug. 2012, Chaya Malka had a visit with “Pippie” the three-year-old burn victim from South Africa who has made front-page headlines because of a revolutionary skin transplant operation […]
Posts tagged "Smoke detector"
I am a stay at home mom of 2 year old twins. One Thursday, while they were napping, I decided to be overly ambitious and get a few things done at the same time. Having made the Whole Wheat and regular challah dough the night before, I started out by taking challah from the 5 […]Challah, Family, Home, Kitchen, Kitchen stove, Mothers, Parenting, Smoke detector
Fire can engulf a house in 60 seconds! Make sure you have a safe and quick method of escape! A Good Warning to us all My brother and his wife learned a hard lesson this last week. Their house burned down; nothing left but ashes. They have good insurance, so the home will be […]Burn, Carbon monoxide detector, fire, Glade, Health, Plug-ins, safety, Smoke detector, Structure fire, Tobacco