In 2012 we opened up our first Burn Care Gemach to residents of the Old City, run by Shifra, an oil fire burn victim, read her story here. In Aug. 2012, Chaya Malka had a visit with “Pippie” the three-year-old burn victim from South Africa who has made front-page headlines because of a revolutionary skin transplant operation […]
Posts tagged "Kitchen"
To the Editor: FIRE WARNING An incident occurred in my kitchen this morning that has me so shaken up I felt that I had to warn the olam as soon as possible. At about 7 a.m, my son put a bag of microwave popcorn into the microwave to prepare a snack for himself and my other children. A few minutes […]Baruch Hashem, Besiyata Dishmaya, Brooklyn, cooking, fire, Fire extinguisher, HaModia, Home, Kitchen, microwave, Popcorn bag, safety, warning
I am a stay at home mom of 2 year old twins. One Thursday, while they were napping, I decided to be overly ambitious and get a few things done at the same time. Having made the Whole Wheat and regular challah dough the night before, I started out by taking challah from the 5 […]Challah, Family, Home, Kitchen, Kitchen stove, Mothers, Parenting, Smoke detector