In Loving Memory of Evie Green – Alta Chava Hentcha bas Yaakov Zvi – on her 19th Yartsite.
The Schiff Family had just kashered their microwave with a cup of water. That cup of freshly boiled water was sitting on the kitchen counter. Tovi, their 2.5 yr old granddaughter, is interested in everything. Seconds later she pulled the cup down on her neck and chest. She was screaming. Her parents immediately grabbed Tovi to put her into the bathtub(water), when they remembered that if one uses honey immediately, it is more efficient than water.
So they stopped, turned around and raced back to the kitchen. Tovis’ mother had the idea to distract her with a spoon of honey in her mouth. It worked. In the mean time, they spooned the honey onto the bright red areas.
After about 5 minutes, her parents asked her, “Does it hurt you?” She said, “It didn’t hurt.” Then they inquired, “so what happened?” “Was it hurting you before? She replied, “No.”
“So you were just scared?” and her ever so sweet voice answered, “Yes.”[pullquote align=”left|center|right” textalign=”left|center|right” width=”30%”]”The shock was not so much to the physical body, as the shock affected the soul” [/pullquote]
Her father commented, “The shock was not so much to the physical body, as the shock affected the soul (non-physical).” He witnessed the healing of the burned skin, as it lightened from its’ typical bright red color, to pink and then into stripes of pink and skin tone and finally it looked, simply normal. All in the record breaking time of 20 minutes. No bandages. No infections. No antibiotics. No hospital. No excruciating treatments. No skin grafts.No scars. They are so thankful for this knowledge.
“Hodu La Hashem Ki Tov…Ki L’ Olam Chasdo!!”