About The Chaya Malka Burn Foundation
The Chaya Malka Burn Foundation was established in 2003 by Chaya Malka Abramson to help Jewish burn patients. After recovering from life threatening burns, she works to benefit other burn patients and their families. CMBF focuses on: Prevention and Recovery.
What we do
- Assist patients with the $1800 cost of a pressure garment, the elastic body suit that prevents the formation of scars. Burn patients need two suits which are refitted two to three times a year during recovery.
- Help to purchase special creams and vitamins.
- Provides psychological and spiritual counseling for burn patients in Israel and abroad. The book Who By Fire and the CD are widely distributed.
Some of the Patients we are Currently Helping
- A teenager whose clothes ignited from a Lag B’Omer fire.
- A 5 year old who was severely burned while playing with matches.
- A toddler who received 3rd degree burns after pulling on the Shabbos tablecloth where boiling soup had just been placed.
- A young boy who opened the faucet of a hot water urn.
- A two year old who was scalded by bath water.
- A young mother who used a towel to lift the lid of a pot on the stove and was burned when the towel caught fire.
- A 14 year old terror victim.